All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Faith Based Organization
· Career Development
· Sign-On Bonus: $10,000
· Relocation Bonus: $3,000
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: Full-Time
· Shift: 7am-3:30pm M-F with rotating weekends and Holidays
· The community you will be caring for: AdventHealth DeLand 701 W Plymouth Ave. Deland, FL 32720
The role you will contribute:
The Medical Lab Scientist I is responsible for analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s), customarily involves testing of blood and/or human biological specimens.
The value you will bring to the team:
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
· Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies.
· Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
· Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
· Provides guidance to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested.
The expertise and experiences you will need to succeed:
· Associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or related field or equivalent education and training
· Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement. Appropriate state licensure if required.
· One year of Clinical Lab experience