Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Clinical Program LVN for Occupational Health is responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of public and occupational health services in accordance with company policies, practices, procedures and applicable regulations. Additionally, this position collaborates with key Clinic Operations stakeholders to educate others regarding regulatory or clinical guidelines. The Clinical Program LVN for Occupational Health works under the guidance of the Occupational Health Manager for complex tasks and provides clinical guidance and serves as a resource for providers and clinical staff.
- Maintain knowledge of occupational health standards and state and federal regulatory standards including, but not limited to, CDC, OSHA, HIPAA, CMS, and state Boards of Nursing and Medical Boards. Serve as a subject matter expert regarding new or existing regulatory requirements
- Maintain occupational health records and ensures accuracy of records in applicable software systems
- Maintain employee Immunization Program, Respirator Protection Program, Bloodborne Pathogen Program, Flu Program, TB Surveillance Program, Infectious Disease exposure contact tracing, COVID-19 contact tracing, Employee Injury and Incident Program, and Occupational Health and Safety Training Requirements to include education and training, tracking due dates, notifying employees and supervisors of required actions and follow-up to ensure timely compliance
- Clinical responsibilities include screenings, lab collections, immunizations, and other occupational health required services
- Coordinate and collect data and prepare reports used by management and executive leaders to evaluate program effectiveness
- Participate in the development and implementation of appropriate quality improvement processes and monitor key indicators
- Attend multidisciplinary team meetings as scheduled to maintain collaborative relationships and open communication
- Perform all duties for internal and external customers in a timely and manner representing the company in a professional manner
- Consistently demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
This is an office-based position located near Interstate Highway I-10 West, near West Frontage Road just past The Rim Shopping Center/Ferrrari Dealership, 78257
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, Active, and unrestricted Vocational Nursing license for applicable state of employment
- 2+ years of experience as an LVN
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to comprehend and learn other departmental specific programs/applications
- Proven effective problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan and handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance
- Utilizes conflict resolution, negotiating, collaboration and interpersonal skills to resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Experience with employee health/occupational health medicine
- Basic understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.