Location: Miami, Florida
Primary responsibility in association with the attending Physician(s), for the outpatient and/or inpatient management of an identified group of patients and participates in their clinical care as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Directs and develops new ways of management and treatment for such patients in collaboration with other team members. Supports and upholds the mission, vision, values, and guiding behaviors, patient bill of rights, and the Code of Business and Ethics Conduct.
Job Specific Duties
- Acts as a resource for patients, families, staff, or community groups providing education and emotional support.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, monitors, manages, and modify a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Ensures plan of care is of sufficient breadth and depth to guide the interdisciplinary team in achieving the desired health outcomes for patients and families.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care across departments and promoting optimal patient outcomes.
- Contributes to the development of peers, colleagues, and others to improve patient outcomes and to promote growth of the nursing profession by facilitating collaboration and communication.
- Ensures understanding and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the developmental level of the patient.
- Generates, collects, and integrates data from a wide variety of sources in order to make clinical judgments and decisions about the initiation of orders, procedures, referrals, and treatments.
- Accountable for maintaining current expertise and skills in order to facilitate a high quality of clinical performance and to promote professional growth.
- Models professional verbal and written communication with the interdisciplinary team members involved in the ongoing management of patients to optimize patient outcomes.
- Participates in other necessary activities associated with patient care (writing daily progress notes, coordinating clinical care, discharge planning, etc.).
- Writes orders, monitors/alters drug therapies, and performs other procedures with education and experience within established protocol in collaborative relationship with a Physician(s).
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Minimum Job Requirements
- APRN State of Florida Licensure - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Center (ANCC), Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- American Heart Association PALS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Level II Background Check - finger printing background
- Successful completion of Credentialing by NCH Medical Administration required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solves to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
NCPS-WEST BIRD OP CTR PHYS-3100-435009