Senior Benefits Representative - REMOTE
Provides education and direction as they pertain to employee benefits independently. Plans and executes strategies for delivery of benefit programs. Serves as a liaison to benefit vendors. Ensures employee benefit administration complies with regulations and policies.
- Processes and reconciles benefit transactions, invoices, and reports.
- Provides benefits customer service to leaders.
- Develops and executes educational strategies to enhance knowledge of benefit offerings.
- Provides analysis of plan activity and other audit and compliance matters.
- Researches and responds to complex customer questions and concerns.
- Participates in projects, including annual open enrollment, new or enhanced benefits, and development of communication materials.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
BENEFITS KNOWLEDGE (ADVANCED):- Knowledge of the benefits offered by including their administration and rules. Typically, employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, life insurance, and flexible spending.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS (ADVANCED):- The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
DOCUMENTATION (ADVANCED):- Ensures that all documentation is complete, accurate, thorough, and compliant.
PRESENTATION SKILLS (ADVANCED):- The ability to prepare effective presentations in content and function, able to speak competently to the level of the audience.
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.