Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Registered Nurse with responsibilities for assisting with the professional role development of members of the Nursing Department as well as the implementation of programs to improve the quality of care delivered. Serves as a role model and as an educator, facilitator, change agent, consultant, and leader to promote the professional growth of peers and colleagues. This Clinical Nurse Educator position will focus on onboarding, orientation and nurse residency support as these nurses move to the clinical phases of their orientation. The role also includes responsibility for the development and support of programs that facilitate role transition into nursing and then the nurses growth from novice to expert.
- Utilizes principles of adult learning to assess and analyze the educational needs of professional nurses, identify educational objectives, plan and implement educational activities, and conduct a comprehensive evaluation of educational activities.
- Maintains professional practice knowledge base, including departmental and organizational policies, standards of care, and procedures.
- Participates in and uses evidence-based practice to identify strategies to improve professional development activities, nursing practice, and patient outcomes.
- Designs nursing education curriculum and programs based on a variety of sources such as quality outcomes, trends and changes in nursing practice.
- Provides consultation and resources to Nurse Managers, Nurse Leaders and clinical teams, collaborates to identify learning needs.
- Documents aspects of learning activities in compliance with departmental, organizational, and external agency requirements
- Utilizes skilled oral, written, and electronic communication to communicate effectively and to foster collegial relationships both intra- and interdepartmentally.
- Models professional behaviors including involvement in professional organizations, engagement in lifelong learning activities, dissemination of information through publications and presentations, and involvement in nursing research activities.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise through research, demonstration, observation and teaching of clinical skills.
- Participates in the interview and selection process of new team members
- Supports the orientation process by partnering with the Nurse Manager, in planning, implementation and evaluation of the process.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred and obtained if hired with BSN within 5 years
- Active Delaware (or compact state based on state residency) Registered Nurse Licensure Required
- National certification in Professional Development and/or nursing specialty certification relevant to patient population
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required