Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. T his CT Associate Manager position will be over seeing CT at Banner Del Webb Medical Center and Banner Boswell Medical Center so having a certification in Computer Tomography is important as you will be a working manager scanning patients as well .
In this role, your schedule will be Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM with the ability to float between Boswell and Webb campuses depending on staffing and leadership needs. This position will be supported by two leads, one on each campus
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support within the department. Supervises and participates in selection, orientation, counseling and evaluation of staff. May perform prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocol. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides or facilitates patient care for patient populations and serves as a resource to staff for clinical and managerial support. Assumes responsibility for direct patient care when necessary. Promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning and patient education.
2. Demonstrates effective communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution in the supervision of the department, keeping the appropriate people informed. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and Collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care management.
3. Assists in the development, implementation, and interpretation of department/facility/system policies within the clinical setting. Responsible for providing safe and cost effective care while considering patient satisfaction and customer service.
4. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, provides counseling, initiates corrective action and directs the workflow for the staff. This position participates in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
5. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department.
6. Manages patient care activities within the budgetary and productivity guidelines of the department/facility. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
7. Maintains clinical competencies and certifications as required and assures compliance with regulatory agencies and laws. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. May perform prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. This position functions within the Imaging department of the assigned facility. May be responsible for department budget and operations; and participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or equivalent program for other modalities (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography, Diagnostic Imaging).
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 4+ years of experience relevant to patient population. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Health care related Bachelors degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.