The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Financial Analyst Consultant, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, Academic Medical Center, and are on the cutting edge of medical advances.
This position will be working Monday-Friday, day shift.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of assigned area/region. This position leads in the development, analysis, and preparation of financial plans, reporting and key performance indicators to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of financial expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop financial proformas, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Leads key financial processes within assigned area or region (e.g. operating budgets, forecasting, program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support, contracting and reimbursement analysis) by coordinating resources and communication and leading process teams.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance within the assigned business unit(s). Provides assistance, coordination and education, as necessary to internal customers for compliance within contractual and regulatory requirements.
4. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
5. Implements and help guide processes to implement changes based on data. Provides strategic financial guidance based on high level analysis of various data elements.
6. Provides direction to coordinate implementation and support for financial systems based software products to enhance current and future system functionality. Develops and presents ongoing financial indicators and education programs based on the needs of assigned business unit(s).
7. Prepare accurate and timely management and regulatory reports by accessing information from a variety of sources and utilizing consistent reporting formats and assist in the development of meaningful performance measures.
8. Assignments located at various Banner locations will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within Banner.
9. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, Finance and Human Resources ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7+ years of experience in financial management. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must possess operational skills and knowledge in healthcare, strong leadership, and confidence.
Previous supervisory/team leadership experience preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred. Experience in healthcare financial management preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.