If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
As one of the country's premier non-profit health-care networks, Banner Health is committed to providing an ideal setting for you; a team on which you will thrive, grow, lead and which allows our providers to be empowered to deliver the highest quality healthcare to an ever-changing market.
This position will provide a high level of financial expertise to ensure efficient hospital operations. The Financial Analyst Consultant will join a team and lead or participate in financial processes which may include operating budget development, strategic and capital financial planning, program and management reporting, operations analysis and variance reporting, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis. They will also assist management in the identification and implementation of operating improvements and provide ongoing financial education as needed.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of assigned area/region. This position leads in the development, analysis, and preparation of financial plans, reporting and key performance indicators to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of financial expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop financial proformas, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Leads key financial processes within assigned area or region (e.g. operating budgets, forecasting, program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support, contracting and reimbursement analysis) by coordinating resources and communication and leading process teams.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance within the assigned business unit(s). Provides assistance, coordination and education, as necessary to internal customers for compliance within contractual and regulatory requirements.
4. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
5. Implements and help guide processes to implement changes based on data. Provides strategic financial guidance based on high level analysis of various data elements.
6. Provides direction to coordinate implementation and support for financial systems based software products to enhance current and future system functionality. Develops and presents ongoing financial indicators and education programs based on the needs of assigned business unit(s).
7. Prepare accurate and timely management and regulatory reports by accessing information from a variety of sources and utilizing consistent reporting formats and assist in the development of meaningful performance measures.
8. Assignments located at various Banner locations will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within Banner.
9. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, Finance and Human Resources ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7+ years of experience in financial management. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must possess operational skills and knowledge in healthcare, strong leadership, and confidence.
Previous supervisory/team leadership experience preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred. Experience in healthcare financial management preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.