As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. With facilities across the West, there is something for every leader, from a busy urban medical center to a friendly small-town hospital.
AEMS has classified BEMC ED as a Stroke Center, Level II-Perinatal Care, Advanced Life Support Base Station Certification and a Level 4 Trauma Center we are projected to see approximately 109,500 patients this year, with an average daily census of 300 patients. Our patient centered inter-disciplinary team includes physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, emergency room technicians, hospital unit coordinators, registration staff, lab personnel, respiratory therapists, volunteer services and our environmental department.
You will also have the opportunity utilize our self-scheduling tool for shift and weekend coverage. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential. This position is a Part Time position, 11am-7:30pm, three shifts per week.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients. The position facilitates communication between physicians, nurses and physicians, calls in Consults and acts as a liaison with all other internal departments and external contacts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
2. Processes patient admissions, records bed assignments in system, makes face sheets and prints patient labels upon admission. Orders outside records from other facilities and Physician's offices.
3. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations.
4. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges.
5. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
6. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with other health unit secretaries and other staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program and BLS certification is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1022
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.