You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Page offers spectacular red buttes and mesas set against cobalt skies, capped by miles of blue shoreline on Lake Powell. Cruise the clear blue-green waters on a panoramic boat tour, or rent water skis, or kayaks. Visit top-rated attractions like Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon or the Navajo slot canyons. Play golf or enjoy nighttime entertainment great food, dancing, live music, and more!
As an Executive Assistant at Page Hospital, you will help support the Senior Leadership team at the facility, as well as the Board. In this role, you will primarily work Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm, with some flexibility needed for meetings and assignments. This position
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Page Hospital has provided exceptional patient care to the people of Page and nearby northern Arizona communities since 1958. Today, our 25-bed Critical Access Hospital offers a wide range of medical services that include a Level IV Trauma emergency department, surgery, medical imaging, obstetrics, cardiopulmonary, acute care and rehabilitation. Page is a dynamic community that boasts spectacular vistas and convenient access to some of the nation's most popular recreational destinations, including Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam and the Grand Canyon. If you're looking for the opportunity to contribute to the health of a growing community while experiencing an exhilarating lifestyle, Page Hospital is the place.
POSITION SUMMARY This position typically supports a single system senior management team (SMT) member, Senior Vice President (SVP), medical group Operations VP with regional accountability, Chief Operating Officer (COO) or Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for a business entity by providing administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring significant latitude of independent judgment and discretion on a routine basis. Additionally, this position handles a variety of situations involving the administrative function of the office, which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. This position may also support other SMT members as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Frequently handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office, which cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
2. Interprets requests, takes appropriate action, evaluates level of information, and decides when the executive should be notified. In executive's absence, directs and ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
3. Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications. Independently composes and signs correspondence for executive as needed.
4. On own initiative, composes correspondence or responds to individuals, which requires knowledge of executive's views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters. May serve as the executive's representative at meetings and express the executive's viewpoints at such meetings.
5. Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel plans. On own initiative, arranges for staff members to represent organization at meetings and conferences.
6. Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of operational and administrative problems.
7. May hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and direct the workflow for the department staff. This includes completing projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following-up on results.
8. This position primarily focuses on the operations of the office of the system assigned executive. Responsibilities extend across organizational lines, requiring extensive interaction and involvement throughout the system, as well as the community. This position routinely interacts with SMT, board members, physicians, patients, board members, employees, as well as business and community leaders.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through four to five years advanced administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required, including management of projects.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Must possess independent decision making abilities, as well as, considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations. Must have the ability to analyze non-routine administrative details of moderate complexity, and provide for an acceptable resolution. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a thorough knowledge of organization policies, practices, and operations and oral communication skills to perform routine administrative details, such as arranging meetings, responding to non-routine inquires from telephone callers or visitors, and gathering background information for sensitive or confidential reports. Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as a high level of sophistication to effectively communicate and interact with senior executives, internal and external to the organization. Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the executive as appropriate in his/her relationship with external customers. Must have an advanced working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the administrative functions described above.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3783
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.