Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Maintains major equipment in the central plant; chillers, boilers, and associated equipment.
1. Regularly starts, stops and demonstrates the ability to adjust and regulate equipment, as necessary.
2. Periodically checks all mechanical rooms during the respective shifts, records reading in logbook or on other forms.
3. Tests boiler water condition and adds chemical treatment to maintain proper limits and to prevent deposits.
4. Checks chemical supplies and materials needed in boiler room and submits requisition to Plant superintendent monthly.
5. Inspects equipment while in operations and makes minor repairs and/or adjustments when necessary.
6. May be required to provide repair service to other areas of the hospital on an irregular basis.
7. Regularly checks emergency equipment and ensures staff knowledge of proper use.
8. Demonstrates responsibility for the containment of hospital costs and conservation of supplies and equipment.
9. Demonstrates an ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crisis and emergency situations when time is critical.
10. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of safety policies and procedures; utilizes proper body mechanics; observes and follows good safety practices at all times.
11. Advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up attention.
12. Completes work left from shift and assists others as requested and permitted.
13. Maintains reference material on a continuing basis; updates publications as required.
14. Always performs daily maintenance on boilers.
15. Weekly operates emergency generators for test purposes.
16. Maintains equipment and documents repairs as required.
17. Updates and revises Policy Manuals and work logs as necessary.
18. Assures charges for services are accurately and timely assessed and submitted.
19. Has complete understanding of the hospital fire and safety procedures as outlined in the Fire and Safety Manual; knows personal role in case of fire during the assigned shift.
20. Completes other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Education: High school or equivalent preferred. Los Angeles County Steam Engineers License (500hp) or Electrical contractors license required.
B. Minimum Experience: At least one year hospital experience preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Ability to speak, read, write English, make mathematical computations and follow complex instructions. Courses include plant operation, steam powered equipment, boiler operation, and airconditioning fundamentals.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005023479
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.