The Outreach Custodian is accountable for maintaining a clean environment, in proper working order, with an emphasis on safety and security of staff, clients, and all areas related to delivery of Outreach activities. The selected candidate must possess the ability to work with diverse populations, including difficult persons, while displaying a professional, courteous and helpful nature toward clients and staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides escorts for patients and employees to/from their vehicles as needed, and to offsite locations as requested.
2. Performs interior/exterior tours of building and takes appropriate actions as needed to ensure a safe and secure work environment. Protects/secures supplies and valuables from loss/theft/abuse.
3. Assures safety during inclement weather, to include shoveling, salting, providing slip protection on wet floors, etc.
4. Performs property maintenance and minor repairs, promptly initiating maintenance requests when beyond ability, and assuring maintenance is performed in a timely manner.
5. Monitors and programs multi-zoned HVAC. Maintains awareness of energy conservation.
6. Performs tasks of environmental services, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, washing walls, windows and doors, clean and disinfect bathrooms, dispose of rubbish both inside and outside the building, maintain clean sidewalks free of hazards, ensuring all areas related to Outreach are kept in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition according to hospital standards.
7. Performs customary doorman services by answering the door, greeting guests, assistance with carrying supplies/packages to storage areas as needed.
8. Drives short distances for local errands, such as picking up supplies or dropping off items at the hospital.
9. Maintains inventory and requests cleaning supplies and materials needed to accomplish assigned tasks and stores them in appropriate storage area.
10.Restocks all soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, paper towels in clinic area and all areas used by staff and clients.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
1. Locks/unlocks clinic entrance at beginning/end of shift and performs last safety check upon leaving.
2. Keeps clinic exam rooms, waiting room, bathrooms, entranceway, and storage areas tidy, sanitary, stocked and well-organized.
3. During clinic hours, periodically checks client bathroom for cleanliness, stocked supplies, and proper working order of toilet and sink.
4. During clinic hours, monitors waiting area for potential threats to clients and staff and render aid appropriately. Displays skills necessary to de-escalate situations as needed.
5. Places trash outside day before pickup
6. Covers reception desk and answers phone for short periods of time.
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent.
2. One year experience related to maintenance, environmental services, materials management, and/or security experience.
3. Initiative and ability to work with minimal direction; sound judgment and decision-making abilities to detect hazards and determine intervention techniques are essential.
4. Ability to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions, requiring the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work while responding to interruptions and changing priorities.
5. Ability to respond to crisis situations, diffuse problem behavior and make quick decisions.
6. Ability to see and hear at normal levels to perform essential job duties.
7. Current PA driver's license and good driving record.
8. Basic computer skills for communication and to complete hospital-required learning modules.
Internal Number: 66481
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.