* The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties.
* AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance.
* If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with AdventHealth Kissimmee and apply online today.
* Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
* Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
* Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
* Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units'/departments', campuses' and system's initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
* Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
* Continuing Education/Continued Competency: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to systematic professional learning experiences, based on needs assessments, designed to augment the knowledge, skills and attitudes of assigned staff including continuing education, in-service education, continued competence based on unit/department needs, organization initiatives/goals and policy revisions. Monitors and reports compliance with required education.
* Academic Partnership: Facilitates a supportive environment for academic partnership by ensuring appropriate student placement and a positive student experience within the unit/department.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
Master of Science degree
Prior experience as a nurse educator
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
Certification in clinical or educator specialty
Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.