MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaï¿½s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, prepares meat, baked goods, sauces, and soups to be served to Hospital patients, staff, and the public. Assists in preparing some cold food items, such as vegetables and sandwich speads, as needed. Provides guidance to others involved in food preparation, and generally assists with the efficient production and service of food.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working from menus or verbal instructions, obtains needed supplies, foodstuffs, and utensils. Starts preparation and observes food during the cooking process, adjusting heat, stirring, or adding additional ingredients. Tests food for seasoning and proper preparation, including doneness and correct serving temperature. Prepares vegetables and cuts and carves meats and other entrees. Assists with short-order food preparation. Prepares food for special in-Hospital functions when necessary. Informally monitors preparation of other items in the kitchen, and provides guidance and assistance in correct preparation of food. Provides guidance and work direction to a Cook's Helper when one is assigned. Prepares baked good items (desserts) and some cold food preparations (cold cuts and sandwich spreads).
2. Sets up serving units on patient tray assembly line. Ensures food quality and proper HACCP temperature standards
3. Monitors supplies and informs Head Cook of needs.
4. Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly fashion. Observes all town and state health codes, and follows prescribed cleaning and sanitation procedures. Performs special cleaning assignments.
5. Other duties may be assigned as required to meet the operating needs of the Hospital. Such other duties may be added to or substituted for some of the duties included above, depending on patient census and other factors affecting workload at the time.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a High School Diploma.
2. One to two years of experience in food preparation and cooking in an institutional environment.
3. Ability to safely use a variety of kitchen equipment, including ovens, stove units, steam cookers, carving knives, slicing machines, and mixers.
Job: Food Service/Preparation/Dietary
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905047314
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.