Vanderbilt Health RX Solutions (VHRxS), LLC and Vanderbilt Health Pharmacy Group, LLC are wholly owned by Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). Our primary mission is to build patient-centered, clinically-integrated specialty pharmacy programs in collaboration with health system partners. Founded on the proven success of Vanderbilt University Medical Center's own specialty pharmacy, VHRxS draws on years of experience to help our clients build successful programs of their own. Our dynamic and ever-growing team is currently seeking a Clinical Pharmacist. This position reports to the Director Operations and Pharmacy Services and the Director of Medication Management
The Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for both clinically managing and dispensing specialty medications along with providing medication management services to complex patients.
This role will facilitate patient access to a broad base of specialty medications in our center of operations. This position will cover call center and multiple clinical areas, including but not limited to rheumatology, adult and pediatric endocrinology, oncology, hematology, cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, pulmonary hypertension, neurology, IBD, hemophilia, dermatology, and lipid disorders. This position could also require participation in patient outcomes research and presenting at national conferences.
This role will provide telephonic medication management services to employees, spouses and dependents of Vanderbilt Health Rx Solutions clients, supporting appropriate, safe, and cost-effective use of drug therapy in a population health model. The pharmacist will interact with patients remotely to provide comprehensive medication reviews, patient counseling, disease management, med reconciliation, and motivational interviewing.
* Review drug orders and/or prescriptions to ensure the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medications
* Prepares and dispenses medications, provides drug information and manages medication therapy in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and hospital policy.
* Provides outstanding patient care by optimizing medication preparation and resolving medication-related problems.
* Maintains the quality, safety, and consistency of clinical pharmacy services in assigned areas.
* Supervises the activities of assigned support personnel and verifying the accuracy and appropriateness of all medication prepared by support personnel prior to dispensing to patients or dispensing to health care providers for administrations to patients
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Seeking candidates with an innovative spirit and a positive attitude. Exemplary customer service experience, communication and problem-solving skills are needed to be successful in this role.
* PharmD or BS in Pharmacy, and pharmacist licensure
* Pharmacist must be willing to meet requirements to provide tele pharmacy services across state lines (i.e. licensure/ registration etc.)
* Active Pharmacy License in the state in which you are employed
* We are seeking candidates with insurance processing and customer service experience.
* Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List
* Submission of required information/documents to your state PMP administrator to register for PMP access (in states with active PMP for pharmacist use).
* For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
* Post graduate year-1 (PGY1) residency training or equivalent experience
* Varied experiences across the care continuum (Acute care, post-acute care, ambulatory, retail) a plus
* Specialty Pharmacy Experience
* Day shift, Full-Time, occasional coverage may be needed until 8pm on weekdays and from 8-12 Saturdays
Vanderbilt Health Rx Solutions, LLC (VHRxS) is a trusted, academic health system-backed pharmacy services company, founded on the nationally recognized and proven success of Vanderbilt University Medical Center's (VUMC) specialty pharmacy operations. Vanderbilt Health Rx Solutions was created to share this expertise and provide full-scale pharmacy capabilities and infrastructure to health system partners nationwide.
Vanderbilt Health Pharmacy Group is a specialty pharmacy dedicated to improving the quality of life forpatients through personalized care. Our specialty-trained, board-certified pharmacists areavailable to help patients understand theirmedications and treatmentregimens, while alsoensuring they get the specialty medications theyneed quickly and safely.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
* ASHP Best Practices Award 2019
Internal Number: 1911664
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.