Works as a member of the Outpatient treatment team assisting in the provision of evaluation and treatment for psychiatric patients and coordinating resources to meet patient needs.
Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Division of Psychiatry and Geisinger Health System in its efforts to provide quality patient care and high levels of patient and customer satisfaction.
Works under the general direction of the Outpatient Operations Manager, the Outpatient Medical Director, and the Consult/Emergency Chief.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
· Functions as a member of a professional team which provides evaluation and treatment for psychiatric patients. Provides input in treatment decisions; presents specific treatment plans for approval.
· Obtains information from patients and/or other appropriate sources upon which treatment recommendations are initiated. Records all information in medical record.
· Formulates plans of care. Involves patient, family and others as appropriate in delivery of care and treatment recommendations. Works with patient to determine goals to be achieved during course of treatment.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized work space, work habits, and filing of paper and electronic documents.
· Demonstrates personal professional maturity and flexibility.
· Demonstrates superior written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills in relating to children and adults. Must exhibit appropriate telephone etiquette.
· Demonstrates ability to perform mathematical computations following provided formulas.
· Demonstrates familiarity using a PC and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Demonstrates ability to assess patient needs from a psychiatric perspective and direct patient to appropriate level of care. Demonstrated knowledge of basic human development and familiarity with DSM IV, psychotropic medications and other psychiatric treatments.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in psychology or a related social science field required.
· Minimum one year prior casework experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in a clinical/office environment. Requires ability to maneuver equipment and patients.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER HOLY SPIRIT is a strong and growing healthcare provider serving south-central Pennsylvania. Geisinger Holy Spirit includes its flagship Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital, a 311-bed Joint Commission accredited acute care facility located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. Geisinger Holy Spirit employs more than 2,600 people and has more than 500 physicians and advanced practitioners on its hospital medical staff. Sponsored by the Sisters of Christian Charity, Geisinger Holy Spirit delivers patient-centered care guided by Catholic values and the Ethical and Religious Directives of Healthcare. Geisinger Holy Spirit provides a comprehensive array of both inpatient and outpatient services across the continuum of care, including acute care, home health, emergency medical services, physician practices, and a host of outpatient facilities located throughout south-central Pennsylvania.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.