Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth for Children
* Since opening our doors in 1908, AdventHealth has offered one of the most comprehensive children's health programs in Central Florida. Today, we continue this legacy of pediatric excellence at the Magnet(r) recognized Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children. Our campus is home to 30 pediatric sub-specialties led by a team of 400+ nurses and physicians.
* We provide specialized care in various state-of-the-art settings, including an 81-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with private family-centered rooms, an Advanced Center for Pediatric Surgery handling nearly 4,000 cases each year, and one of the few pediatric oncology programs in the area. We're also Central Florida's only pediatric provider for bone marrow transplant, kidney transplant, Gamma Knife services, trilogy radiation and Level III epilepsy care. But perhaps most exciting of all, is that this is the first--and only--hospital to bear the Disney(r) name.
* The pediatric cardiac intensive care unit utilizes a team approach to provide the highest quality patient care. Congenital heart defects are the most common type of serious birth defect and we work to provide quality care by offering surgical intervention, cardiac catheterization, and medical management in the PCVICU. Each of us feels called to provide compassionate care during a critical time in the lives of children and families affected by CHD. The Nurse to patient ratio in the pediatric cardiac intensive care unit is 1:1 or 1:2.
* Utilizes clinical proficiency in the care of Neonatal and Pediatric ECMO.
* Participates in timely documentation of comprehensive clinical assessments including assessment of clinical variables including, but not limited to, diagnostic testing and functional status, assessment of patient's response to the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) process.
* Attends and participates in team, unit and campus meetings including hospital interdisciplinary rounds, discharge planning, and quality improvement programs with the ability to communicate with the clinical team in a professional and effective manner.
* Applies assessment and evaluation process to diagnoses. Successfully delivers patient evaluations on ECMO without requiring support and instruction from others.
* Utilizes unique knowledge regarding extracorporeal circulation and its effects on the body. Independently uses and documents effective planning, deliverance and evaluation of goal-focused, individualized safe age and culture-specific care for Neonatal and Pediatric patients.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) OR
Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy OR
Cardiopulmonary Science program
Three years of experience as an RN, RRT, ECMO Specialist or Coordinator, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in an acute-care setting within the last five years
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) OR
Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
Three years of clinical experience in an acute Cardiac Intensive care setting within the last five years
Minimum of three years of ECMO experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) or related healthcare field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse or Registered Respiratory Therapist
Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal
Resuscitation (NRP) certifications
The Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Specialist provides clinical expertise in their specialist area to optimize patient, family, nurse and team outcomes. This position assists with directing ECMO daily operations and participates in direct patient care to optimize outcomes in a fiscally responsible manner. The ECMO Specialist supports the practice of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation delivery processes through direct care, presentations, collaborative practice and knowledge of industry standards to establish clinical best practices. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.