Kindred Healthcare is seeking a Director of Quality Management for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital in partnership with Mercy Iowa City is scheduled to open in April 2020 and will offer specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values - our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care - and quality care is what we do every day! Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals ' a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patient's lives.
The Director of Quality Management (DQM) assumes responsibility and accountability for the hospital-wide Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement program. The DQM will assist the CEO/leadership and Medical Staff to establish priorities for Performance Improvement. He/she ensures that disciplines in the hospital work collaboratively to plan and implement Performance Improvement activities. The DQM will focus on measuring, analyzing and trending information in order to improve outcomes. He/she will assure ongoing monitoring of performance to ensure that improvements are sustained. The DQM will direct and assist in compliance with federal and state regulations and accreditation standards
* Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Iowa, preferred.
* Certification by APIC (American Practitioners of Infection Control), and NAHCQ (National Association of Health Care Quality). preferred
* BSN or BS/BA required. Two years of experience in an acute hospital or rehabilitation setting preferred. Previous supervisory experience required.
* Current Basic Life Support/CPR Card preferred
* Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and evaluate PI activities; effective oral and written communication skills and proficiency in basic computer skills required.
* Working knowledge of staff development and the educational process, quality improvement, infection control/employee health, and safety/risk management standards.
* Effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
* Good general health and stress coping ability. Ability to walk or stand for periods of at least 8 hours. Stooping, sitting, bending and carrying of items in the regular course of business. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional Development.
Job : Compliance/Quality/Risk Primary Location : IA-Coralville-Mercy Rehab Hospital - Iowa City Organization : 4092 - Mercy Rehab Hospital - Iowa City Shift : Day