Manager of Organizational Development & Performance - HUMAN RESOURCES Job Number: 00123038
Job Posting : May 14, 2019, 9:32:21 PM Closing Date : May 29, 2019, 4:59:00 AM Full-time
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
LOCATION: John H. Stroger Hospital –Human Resources
Cook County Health (CCH) is seeking a dedicated and passionate Manager of Organizational Development & Performance who is committed to increasing competency and capability levels within CCH through the establishment of programs that enhances employee engagement, increases organizational morale, enriches team interactions, and fosters a community focused on improved performance. The position will be responsible for developing and overseeing employee engagement and service recognition awards. In addition, this role will be responsible for the oversight of the performance management program of Cook County Health, managing the performance cycle, goal calibration, and training of leaders and individual contributors as it relates to their respective roles in the process. To be effective in this role, the Manager of Organizational Development & Performance must demonstrate strong attention to detail, resourcefulness, quick thinking and a solution-focused mindset, all while serving as a leader and team player who, as the eyes and ears of the employee experience while supporting organizational change.
· Provides analysis, interpretation, observations, recommendations, and action planning based on employee survey results including Employee Engagement, New Hire Check-ins, Exit Interviews, 360 Multi-rater Assessments, and other Organizational Assessments
· Consults with CCH Management to help them understand what their data is telling them and how the data can serve as a resource
· Collaborates with CCH management to assess performance gaps between current workforce skills and capabilities and individual outputs to develop plans to correct behaviors and actions
· Manages performance management process calendar
· Establishes project plans, manage project timelines, resources, and budgets associated with performance management and employee engagement initiatives
· Co-chairs the CCH Employee Engagement Committee; serve as a resources to the department and unit specific engagement committees
· Oversees the ongoing Employee Engagement Survey; report on organizational changes associated with employee engagement
· Serves as the system administrator for the performance management system
· Generates and communicates reports associated with performance management on the organizational and departmental levels
· Supports the development and implementation of a performance/compensation model
· Develops and facilitates training sessions to the CCH community
· Coordinates and managements external relationships (vendors, BOT, BHR, etc.)
· Hires, manages, and evaluates approach direct reports.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Master's degree in Adult Learning, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, HR Development, or related field
· Five (5) years' experience in each of the following areas:
o Consulting with all levels of management o Facilitating training o Talent management to include: performance management, calibration sessions, succession planning, talent assessments, leadership development programs, etc. o Change management
· Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office
· Certification in coaching
· Three (3) years of documented coaching experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Knowledge and strong skills using Microsoft Office
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Conflict management skills
· Strong decision making skills
· Strong project management skills
· May be required to travel to CCH hospital affiliates or other CCH medical facilities
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health& Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER