IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Oversees the management, maintenance and coordination of the internal agency and staffing program. Serves as a liaison between hospital administration and centralized staffing team to determine the staffing needs of each facility. Promotes a positive team environment by providing guidance and support and encouraging superior performance.
A: Job Specific
· Oversees the staffing program and staff
· Reviews the daily assignment distribution of internal agency personnel to ensure that assignments are accurate based on skill sets required and communicated in a timely manner
· Promotes consistency in best practices and protocols across an onsite / virtual team
· Reports staffing problems and unusual situations to CCO/CEO or designee and keeps her/him informed of situations requiring follow up or immediate attention
· Provides leadership in difficult staffing solutions, including dealing with understaffing, solving disputes, counseling employees and administering disciplinary procedures
· Oversees the accuracy of the float pool payroll time sheets and initiates changes and correction as necessary
· Assures correct usage of online staffing tools to assure consistency, reduce overtime and maintain master schedules
· Assures all premium shift pay is in accordance to established practice.
· Maintains and verifies copies of current licensure, CPR and ACLS (if applicable) for the float pool staff, annual skills competencies, annual hospital updates and other educational competencies as required
· Provides leadership to minimize use of contract agency staff and provides regular financial updates.
· Promotes a positive team environment, providing guidance and support that encourages superior performance and high satisfaction
· Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits
· Identifies staff vacancies and assists with recruiting, interviews and on boarding.
B: Company Specific
· Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
· Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
· Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
· Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
· Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
· Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
· Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
· Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Computer skills
Education: Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of employee relations or human resources management experience preferred.
Job : HR/Training Primary Location : TX-Houston-Texas Region Office Organization : 4412 - Texas Region Office Shift : Day