The Director of Pharmacy has responsibility for the Pharmacy operations at Lakewood Regional Medical Center. The Director of Pharmacy organizes and directs a comprehensive program of pharmaceutical services for patients.
General Summary of Duties
1. Plans, organizes and supervises the activities of the department/service. 2. Effectively maintains leadership, inspiring the cooperation and confidence of others. Delegates functions to appropriate levels as needed. 3. Demonstrates the ability to be instrumental in the establishment and achievement of department and hospital priorities and goals. 4. Maintains the workflow of the department/service to ensure complete, accurate and timely work product. 5. Continuously assesses and improves the quality of care and services provided. Maintains quality control programs as appropriate. 6. Maintains the department/service in compliance with all applicable governing and accrediting authorities. 7. Updates policies and procedures. Secures annual approval and conducts periodic staff meetings to inform staff of changes. 8. Actively participates in the development of capital and equipment budgets and maintains operations of the department/service within budget parameters. 9. Performs appropriate and timely personnel performance evaluations. Determines the qualifications and competency of personnel. Provides for the orientation and continuing education of staff. 10. Establishes procedures to ensure that medications are stored and distributed to patients of the hospital in accordance with existing State and Federal laws. Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with these laws. 11. Ensures the proper labeling, storage and distribution of drugs. 12. Controls drug purchasing costs by utilizing National Purchasing Agreements and controlling outdates. Is responsible for inventory control within all pharmacy locations. 13. Supervises and updating of the pharmacy charge and revenue table (CDM, A31), along with billing and pricing procedures. 14. Supervises the IV additive program, guaranteeing an aseptic environment for the preparation of these solutions. 15. Supervises the sterile compounding of all pharmaceuticals prepared by the Pharmacy Department. 17. Supervises the updating of the pharmacy computer system with changes from ISD and communicates these changes to the staff. 18. Confers with patients and Medical Staff on professional problems as required and works to advance pharmaceutical care.
16. Controls DEA controlled substances by establishing proper records for receipts, issuance, and use.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Registered Pharmacist in the State of California.
2. Preferably shall have a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
3. Minimum of three years experience in a hospital pharmacy practice with a strong managerial and administrative orientating.
4. Continuing education in pharmacy and contact with literature or pertinent nature, such as professional and scientific journals.
5. Ability to direct, control and plan the entire activity of a hospital pharmacy at multiple locations simultaneously.
6. Attendance at professional and scientific seminars and meetings.
Preferred: Pharmacy residency or fellowship training
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Lakewood, California
Facility: Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.