Assists with quality patient care by being sensitive to the needs, interest, and abilities of geriatric patients.
1. Works with residents, supervisor, staff, and community to provide activities.
2. Plans schedules and implements activity as appointed.
3. Assists in development of written policies and procedures. Assists in Plan of Care for activities for each resident.
4. Coordinates and cooperates with all staff members and facility services.
5. Compiles and maintains current records, plans, reports and evaluations of activities programs and resident participation/functioning as assigned.
6. Participates in orientation and in-service education programs as assigned. Plans and provides care approximately for all age groups, predominately the geriatric patients.
7. Assists with monthly calendar for resident activities.
8. Maintains reality board in each resident a care area as assigned.
9. Notifies residents of activities on a daily basis.
10. Makes room visits to residents unable to attend activities and provides in-room activities.
11. Assists with resident admission assessment as assigned.
12. Provides all documentation of activities attendance as required by Title 22.
13. Assists residents to the area provided for activities.
14. Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, infant, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patientâ��s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
15. Safety Expectations:
ï�� Reports incidents involving patients/residents or visitors on proper forms.
ï�� Maintains security
ï�� Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations.
ï�� Reports any safety hazards immediately.
ï�� Uses proper body mechanics at all times.
ï�� Wears appropriate clothing at all times.
ï�� Knowledgeable about hazardous materials and MSDS.
ï�� Reports work-related accidents or injuries immediately.
ï�� Responds to fire and disaster drills
ï�� Follows all infection control regulations.
16. Routine Expectations:
ï�� Be punctual.\
ï�� Know and follow District regulations
ï�� Have good attendance.
ï�� Communicates verbally
ï�� Communicates in writing
ï�� Works as a team member
ï�� Assumes responsibility for work area
ï�� Maintains patient/resident confidentiality
ï�� Attends all mandatory meetings and inservices.
17. Displays appropriate demeanor at all times while on District premises. Contributes to favorable patient/resident/customer perception by providing an atmosphere of sensitivity, concern and competency. Performs other related
18. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
ï�� Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
ï�� Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
ï�� Lifts supplies/equipment
ï�� Manual dexterity and mobility
ï�� Occasional prolonged standing/walking.
ï�� Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
ï�� May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
ï�� Occasional exposure ;to unpleasant patients
ï�� Supervisory experience preferred
ï�� Post High School vocational/Specialized Training
ï�� 2+ yearsâ�� experience within past 5 years, one being in a patient activities program in healthcare setting.
ï�� Activities Designee Certification or 36 hours of training in course designed specifically for this position.
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.