Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Position Summary Assists with patient care in an Acute Care environment. Primary Duties 1. Identifies basic arrhythmias on a continuous monitor display and a printed strip. Correctly identifies normal rhythms and basic arrhythmias as seen on a continuous monitor display and a printed strip.
2. Ability to identify and measure components of complexes to detect abnormality. Correctly measures and identifies components of complexes. Notifies RN of any abnormality or change in rhythm. Runs, measures, and charts strips per procedure.
3. Maintains patient charts and transcribes orders. Files chart documents, reports, and blank forms as needed.Correctly transcribes physician orders in a timely manner.
4. Initiates and maintains Telemetry monitoring, and advises RN of changes in patientâ��s rhythm. Initiates and maintains Telemetry monitoring per procedure, and appropriately contacts RN in charge of the patientâ��s care to advise of rhythm changes..
5. Prepares patient chart for admission, transfer and surcharge. Charts are appropriately assembled for newly admitted patient; chart documents are complete for patient transfer. Chart is properly handled following patient discharge.
6. Prepares chart for pre- and post-operation patients. Chart is correctly assembled for pre/post operative patients.
7. Participated in educational programs to keep knowledge of unit operations current, maintain and expand skills. Attends continuing education courses related to area of specialization to remain current in the field.
8. Makes contact with other departments, agencies, and persons to make necessary arrangements related to patient care, transfers and discharge patients/residents. Communicates technical information in a appropriate manner for the intended audience.
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience: â�¢ High School graduate â�¢ Completion of comprehensive Cardiac rhythm interpretation course required with demonstrated competency in rhythm interpretation. â�¢ CPR Certification
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.