Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work for the Emergency Services Department at Swedish Mill Creek in Everett, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing exceptional nursing care to meet the individual needs of the patient\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel, in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met
- Work to improve and sustain the Emergency Department image as a responsible, service oriented department
- Perform assessments, plan patient care, provide direct care and educate and orient families and staff
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSNExceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse \(RN\) in the State of Washington
- ACLS/PALS required or certification obtained within 3 months of hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the Mill Creek Campus:
Swedish/Mill Creek has 86,000 square feet of space on three above\-ground levels and a partial basement\. The E\.D\. – which is open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week – features 18 emergency exam rooms and six additional observation beds\. It shares the first floor with a complete diagnostic imaging center with X\-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI, which is staffed by partners from Seattle Radiology\. A full laboratory and offices for primary\- and specialty\-care providers are on floors two and three\. Swedish/Mill Creek can immediately treat patients suffering from stroke to severe lacerations or burns, broken bones, sports injuries, allergic reactions, food poisoning, work\-related injuries and many other medical emergencies and non\-emergencies\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 149523