Providence is calling a Health Unit Coordinator to the Emergency Department at Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a compassionate, dedicated individual to provide secretarial and technical assistance support for the nursing unit.
In this position you will:
- Initiate and prioritize the accurate processing and transcription of provider orders
- Assemble and maintain patient charts, current forms and results/reports
- Assess, order and maintain unit supplies and equipment
- Serve as the hub of all communication for the unit; acts as the front-line customer service representative of the unit
- Be accountable for the efficient coordination of unit activities, including patient placement, scheduling, coordination with other departments for patient care services and the effective dissemination and prioritization of information
- Work under the direction of the charge nurse
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Obtain American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire
- Must successfully pass the Providence Centralia medical terminology examination
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year experience as a hospital Health Unit Coordinator or graduate of a Health Unit Coordinator training program, or one year of medical clerical experience
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Certification as a Health Unit Coordinator
- Current BLS certification
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151913