Behavioral & Educational Solutions has a need for a permanent, full-time Speech-Language Pathologist.
Location : DC Metro Area
Travel Required: Yes
Level/Salary Range : Competitive Salary with Benefits & Annual Bonus
Position Type: Full-Time & Contractual Opportunities
Role and Responsibilities:
We’re seeking an energetic, self-motivated recent graduate looking to practice in a variety of settings. There are opportunities to work in our clinic or public and private schools. Populations served include early childhood, school age, adolescents, and adults. . What the Ideal Candidate looks like:
Passionate about making sure the needs and welfare of clients are a priority.Demonstrate patience, caring and concern in stressful situations.Ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels.Willing to work collaboratively with community agencies, and educational and the judicial systems. Possess the ability to develop professional relationships and be flexible in complex situations. Have the ability to work independently.STRONG written and oral communication skills.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Administer, evaluate, and interpret specialized hearing and speech tests.
• Diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice and swallowing disorders
• Identify and develop intervention strategies.
• Treat clients to communicate effectively by expressing thoughts using acceptable standards of practice.
• Observe, record, and report client's response to treatment and changes in the client's condition.
• Instruct clients in techniques for more effective communication, including sign language, lip reading and voice improvement.
• Educate clients and family members about various topics such as communication techniques and strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
• Provide services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy.• Individual and group therapy within educational and clinic settings.
• Assessments and report writing.
• Work with infants and toddlers, pre-school, elementary, middle school, and high school populations.
• Work with disadvantaged families.
• Maintain appropriate HIPPA compliance