Pathology Assistant, Tampa, FL; Greensboro, NC ++
Would you enjoy living on the West Coast of FL? Or the serene Carolina's?
Work in an atmosphere with people who are passionate about their profession and quality minded? These positions offer excellent compensation to those with the proper education, certifications and motivation! There is even the potential of a sign on bonus!
Potential Compensation range: $75,000-$100,000 +
Potential sign on bonus: $2,000
Excellent benefits and relocation assistance
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m or 9pm - 5:30am,
Night Shift, Weekend Rotations
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of surgical specimens for Histologic processing, according to policies and procedures.
2. Assure appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling; maintain the integrity of the specimen and patient identification.
3. Describe gross anatomic features of routine and non-routine (complex) surgical specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings and sutures are mentioned.
4. Capable of grossing high complexity specimens under direct and indirect supervision, as applicable to training and experience.
5. Demonstrated ability to handle broader range of specimens with indirect supervision.
6. Escalates more complex/unusual specimens to Exempt Pathologist’s Assistant or Pathologist. 7. Record measurements, weight, volume and any abnormal findings as applicable.
8. Dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissues for histologic processing.
9. May oversee performance of Grossing Technicians
10. May provide training to Grossing Technicians
11. Complete all associated paperwork.
12. Follow the laboratory’s applicable procedures for job-related responsibilities.
13. Interact directly with pathologists regarding gross dissection/description activities, including defined specimen types that require direct supervision by a pathologist.