Under the supervison of the Practice Manager/Administrator, the Practice Supervisor is responsible for providing supervision to the clinic by supervising the business operation and the clinic staff. Must demonstrate working knowledge of and familiarity with all applications associated with supervising a clinic(s) budget, ensuring data accuracy, preparing financial reports, handling complex customer service issues and maintaining provider/staff communications. Implements and enforces department policies and procedures. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, managing subordinate personnel. Provides administrative support to the Practice Administrator/Manager.
1. Trains and orients assigned staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Assists with developing and implementing annual operational plan and budget.
3. Monitors and controls clinic expenditures within budget.
4. Responsible for ordering medical and office supplies.
5. Supervises handling of all cash, including balancing at the end of each day and making deposits.
6. Reconciles deposit batches.
7. May contact patients to resolve payment difficulties or arrange satisfactory payment plans.
8. Supervises medical records that release medical record information to insurance companies and physicians offices.
9. Assists with evaluating performances and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions in a timely manner. Interviews and recommends hiring and termination of clerical staff in accordance with approved policies.
7. Approves and properly corrects Associate's time cards in a timely manner.
8. Processes clinic invoices as needed for payment.
9. Provides support to the Practice Administrator/Manager.
10. Works with staff and providers to ensure quality patient care and services are provided.
10. Resolves patient complaints quickly and courteously by determining the issue and suggesting possible course of action in order to de-escalate the patient.
11. Follows the organization's guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
12. Maintains strict confidentiality.
13. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
14. Maintains established policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
15. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
16. Manage all workers' compensation cases and Coordinates care, authorizations, and referrals for workers' comp. cases.
17. Complies with all TDI rules and regulations.
18. Files all necessary and required paperwork according to the designated timeframes.
19. Providing effective communication between the employer, employee/patient, third parties, insurance adjuster, and physician.
20. Performs other related work as required.