This position serves as an internal resource and expert regarding the definition and
interpretation of meaningful use and all other regulatory requirements. This individual will
assist the CMIO, System Director of Health Informatics, and System Director of Clinical
Informatics in the creation of comprehensive implementation strategies supporting
CHRISTUS' compliance with quality and regulatory requirements (i.e., ARRA Meaningful Use,
Joint Comission, Medicare Core Measures). This position will be critical to managing the
imperative that CHRISTUS prioritize, anticipate and address overlapping initiatives and
subsequent concerns related to resource allocation, budgeting, and attestation timelines.
This includes the coordination, monitoring, and status reporting of all projects or workteams
that are essential to the demonstration and achievement of quality and regulatory
compliance across the organization.
- Maintains an ongoing, deep knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
quality or regulatory requirements related to meaningful use, Joint Commission, and CMS
Core Measures and acts as the subject matter expert communicating quality and regulatory
knowledge to key stakeholders.
- Coordinates the creation of a comprehensive implementation strategy that priortizes,
anticipates and addresses overlapping initiatives and subsequent concerns related to
resource allocation, budgeting, and attestation timelines.
- Ensures all electronic Health record software vendors required for reporting/attestation
have the appropriate certification within timeframes prescribed by regulators.
- Keeps leadership informed of progress and elevates any issues that require action and/or
- Ensures support and input from appopriate stakeholders is obtained to aid swift and
- Engages and collaborates with Health Informatics, Clinical Operations, and Quality
departments regarding adoption of changes to process/procedures/workflow, clinical
documentation, and/or reporting necessary to support achievement of regulatory
compliance within established timelines.
- Collaborates with Health Informatics team members to ensure current and future
regulatory and compliance elements are built appropriately into the health information
system or appropriate applications for end user utilization.
- Coordinates data reporting to ensure data integrity and appropriate capture of required
data for attestation and performs analysis to support performance improvement and
regional and system compliance.
- Maintains documentation (evidence book) for ARRA Meaningful Use Attestation and all