- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university AND a licensed Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience with responsibilities for care coordination across multiple healthcare settings and providers is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in utilization management or case management is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in ambulatory nursing, home health or public/community health is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in acute care nursing is required.
- Must have access to an insured vehicle and possess a valid Illinois driver's license for field duties.(Must provide driver's license and proof of automobile insurance at time of interview).
- Master's degree in Nursing, Public Health, or Business from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Prior experience using Milliman or InterQual criteria sets and an understanding of clinical algorithms is preferred.
- Experience working with the patient centered medical home model of care delivery is preferred.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position .
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.