- This position integrates as part of the CHRISTUS Health Performance Effectiveness Department under the direction of the CHRISTUS System Director for Process Improvement. Working as a partner with the system quality and operations leaders, this individual has direct accountability to identify, design and implement improvement methodologies grounded in Lean and Six Sigma principles for the development of high performance non-clinical and clinical at the Corporate and
Regional level. The position supports the CHRISTUS System process improvement efforts. Emphasis will be in clinical outcomes, timeliness and operational efficiency and effectiveness. The Director Process Improvement is responsible for guiding teams in the CHRISTUS model for improvement which is a blend of performance improvement methodologies. This includes providing clinical data analysis, systems optimization, process improvement training and development, and support services to the acute care facilities, non-acute care and affiliated networks in areas of clinical quality, patient safety, patient experience, and productivity. The Director Process Improvement will work closely with system directors and regional or facility medical staff, nurses, infection control preventionists, case managers and quality/patient safety leaders to identify and ensure best practices developed, are hardwired throughout the system for standardization and sustained results. This position assists with other quality projects and tasks as assigned by the System Director.
- ·Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others'; practices what he/she preaches.
- ·Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- ·Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
- ·Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- ·Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- ·Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- ·Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Guide and coach teams on process improvement for CHRISTUS Health to encourage staff development and shared learnings across the system.
- Coach executives and leaders to execute huddle boards.
- Provide consultative services in the areas of clinical process redesign development for facilities, regions, system leaders and clinical staff.
- Train and coach leaders and staff in process improvement methods
- Serve as a liaison between existing dedicated resources at the local level to promote shared learnings and best practice identification and communication.
- Maintain awareness of industry changes and serve as a resource for sharing national best practice models.
- Develops implementation plans for improvement which integrate with corporate system as the organization prepares for a future with limited reimbursement and increased complexity of care across the continuum.
- Works directly with Corporate or Regional leaders to select and/or assists in selecting the project team members.
- Drives organizational change by developing corporate and regional high performance work teams. Works with the teams to identify key opportunities for
improvement, set priorities, and develop actionable implementation plans.
- Provides guidance to teams on performance
and metrics for monitoring the effectiveness of the processimprovement efforts.
- Actively participates and leads in developing metrics, analyzing data, developing programs, recommendations and action plans to drive for operational and strategic improvement.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation of improvement activities to report to key System Executives and teams and manages the spread of new ideas and sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Assesses project impact on workforce and works directly with the Directorsand Process Improvement to report results and
- Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
- Develop and implement an ongoing assessment/reassessment process for operational efficiencies. Works in a collaborative relationship with local leaders, specifically the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Medical Officer and Quality leader.
- Instructs and educates in all aspects of processimprovement activities to include lean six sigma .
- Assist in the implementation of productivity, patient satisfaction, growth, quality improvement, patient safety and harm reduction for all patients, including special populations, focused within the domestic domain.
- Serve as a liaison between existing dedicated resources at the local level to promote shared learnings and best practice identification, standardization and communication.
· Prepare reports regarding progress, effectiveness and outcomes of reginoal and system process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the development of standardized reports relative to clinical care, service line analysis, harm reduction, comparative data and statistical analysis including but not limited to statistical process control charts, lean six sigma methodologies. Effectively utilizes CHRISTUS clinical application software suite of tools.
- Develop and offer educational programs to optimize the use of CHRISTUS clinical application software to a variety of audiences, including quality professionals, clinicians and executive leadership.