OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. As the second health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® status, the newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
Centegra Corporate Office, Crystal Lake, IL
Reporting to the Manager of Public Relations & Communications, the professional we select will develop and implement strategic communications plans for key service lines, health system initiatives, and executive team through internal and external communications and marketing tactics. Operating with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative, this individual will work closely with Marketing Operations to develop copy for creative and collateral materials, oversee assigned communications initiatives, and develop written content for departmental projects. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting Media Relations by working with all levels of associates, leaders, and physicians.
- Collaborating with the manager of Public Relations & Communications to support media inquiries and media interviews/photo opportunities.
- Sharing media liaison duties with the manager of Public Relations & Communications when health system emergency plans are activated.
- Developing and implementing proactive media plans to maximize press interviews and photo opportunities for assigned service lines.
- Developing/overseeing projects plans and creative briefs and recommending marketing/communication tactics to meet customer needs.
- Creating/developing copy for collateral materials, including brochures, flyers, and direct mail, as well press releases and social media.
- Project managing communication initiatives.
- Assisting with planning and writing of various publication projects, including the annual report, Purple Tab, blogs, and award nominations.
- Following/reinforcing Centegra Health System brand standards and style guide for marketing and communications writing and design.
- Becoming familiar with marketing research, competitive analysis, and data analysis and applying these disciplines to develop tactics and collateral.
- Collaborating with Marketing Operations and service line managers to brainstorm creative concepts and develop copy for collateral pieces.
- Using CRM tool to effectively target audiences and develop communications for email and direct mail campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in media relations, public relations/communications strategies, marketing, or similar activities.
- Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to adapt to audiences and express different voices.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic demeanor with key stakeholders.
- Exceptional levels of creativity, innovation, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate ideas to influence support of team recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills that inspire confidence in the group process and support of leadership goals.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Knowledge of AP style book.
- Proficiency in design, layout and photo-editing skills and software, including InDesign, Adobe CS5, Photoshop, and related applications.
- Healthcare experience.
To explore career opportunities and apply online, visit centegra.org/jobs