Job Number: 00119024
Job Posting: Feb 2, 2017, 12:11:17 PM
Closing Date: Mar 3, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations designs. Installs and supports CCHHS (Cook County Health & Hospitals System) computer systems, local-area networks (LAN), wide-area networks (WAN), VoIP, network segments, Internet and Intranet systems. Maintains network hardware and software, analyzes problems and monitors networks to ensure the availability to system users. Gathers data to identify customer needs. Interprets and evaluate systems and network requirements, and coordinates and implements network security measures. Provides customer support, maintenance and administrative work to the Hospital Information Systems (HIS) Department network. Uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude during the course of duties.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configures and setups Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Designs, setups and configures complex switching environments
- Designs, setups and configures complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintains a thorough understanding of LAN
- Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configures and installs client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
- Maintains multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors, etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervises the administration of systems and servers related networks to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Utilizes network management support tools, Cisco Prime, Solar Winds, Cisco Ise, ASA, Source Fire, etc. to monitor network
- Schedules and coordinates any network downtime with the Help Desk and broadcasts appropriate messages to end uses
- Serves as administrator for DHCP and is responsible for VLAN scopes and static IP log
- Works with other Network Support team members across Cook County
- Participates and represents HIS on network projects across the system
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and resolves all network issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
A high school diploma or G.E.D Certificate and at least ten (10) years of experience supporting a complex IT network environment is required (must provide proof at time of interview) OR a Bachelor's Degree in a computer or network engineering field and six (6) years of experience supporting a complex IT network environment is required. (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview.)
Networking experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and overall PC knowledge
Knowledge of computer technology, installation and configuration of workstation equipment
Knowledge of Cisco Works, VoIP, Solar Winds, Cisco Ise, ASA, Source Fire, Intrusion Detection and Network Policy Manager Software packages, etc.
Knowledge of Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to open and close support calls
Skilled in problem-solving with strong attention to detail
Customer service skills and the ability to react diplomatically and patiently to internal and external customers
Written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customer and contacts
Ability to function in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations while meeting deadlines
Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing best practices based on departmental priorities, policies and procedures.
Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team.
Strong response time to phone calls, emails and customer/user requests.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position .
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER