Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned CHRISTUS Health general ledgers. Prepare journal entries and ensure supporting documentation and/or subledger(s) exists and the documentation is accurate and ties to the appropriate balance sheet account on the ledger. Ensure deadlines and due dates are met for all reconciliations. Provide support for external auditors. Reports to the Accounting Manager..
* Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
* Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
* Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
* Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
* Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Assist other Accountants with journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and special projects as needed including bank reconciliations, and audit and tax package schedules. Role is cross-functional with interaction required between all related accounting departments
* Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned CHRISTUS Health general ledgers and additional monthly balance sheet accounts for other general ledgers as assigned.
* Ensure supporting documentation and/or subledger(s) exists and the documentation is accurate and ties to the appropriate balance sheet account on the ledger.
* Other support during month-end close and other critical periods as required.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.