At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Specific Job Responsibilities: It is the duty of all employees to understand and perform their job tasks to the highest level at all times.
* Manage, coordinate, and facilitate the business operations of the Clinical site(s), or regional territory of medical facilities, as assigned.
* Manage and direct the efficiency and operational daily functions of facility personnel, property maintenance, equipment, inventory, and 24-hour facility security.
* Ensure all clinical and business workflow and processes are appropriately applied to meet the organizational goals and medical practice needs. Evaluate and implement changes as needed.
* Manage and direct all facility and organizational policies and procedures within the stated guidelines. Monitor and measure opportunities for quality improvement; participate in initiative task forces.
* Collaborate with Resource Directors to ensure consistent utilization of all available resources. Participate in leadership roles in coordinating resource focus groups, development of implementation plans, integration management, and measurement indicators.
* Maintain business, property, and legal requirements for site operation. Perform bi-annual site reviews and implement corrective action initiatives, for compliance with health plans and regulating agency criteria.
* Plan and coordinate the distribution of effective communication through regular meetings and published information. Collaborate with ancillary and offsite management to assure specialty departments and/or personnel are equally informed.
* Manage and maintain budget and revenue for site; including capitol expenditures, salaries, property expenses, clinical inventory management system and business office supplies.
* Maintain the overall internal and external safety of the clinical site in compliance with regulatory standards and infection control regulations.
* Oversee the supply and equipment inventories including functionality of all business and bio-medical equipment. Monitor supply/demand reports, measure the onsite inventory, and trend inventory data, for consistency with the annual budgetary goals.
* Monitor, resolve, and improve patient relations issues efficiently and timely. Handle all customer service complaints within the established guidelines and policies. Document and submit customer interactions for review, as needed.
* Manage performance of supervisory staff including hiring, performance reviews, performance corrections, and terminations. Present performance evaluations, progress reports, or disciplinary actions on a timely basis, with complete supportive documentation.
* Develop and assist site supervisors and staff to meet company/department/personal goals. Provide opportunities for growth and successive promotion for staff seeking leadership opportunities.
* Assist site supervisors to recruit, hire, train and manage clinical staff. Assure that all staff is working within their certifications, licensures, and scope of practice per organization and state requirements.
* Collaborate with supervisors to assure proper staffing ratios are being met on each clinical shift. Access float or per diem staffing per standard guidelines. Seasonal or temporary staffing proposals must be submitted for administrative approval.
* Collaborate with the Marketing Department to develop and implement marketing plans to increase site/company marketability, enrollment, and/or revenue.
* Facilitate team building and ensure site performance reflects the standards set by the company. Promote facility team programs for clinical education and staff morale.
* Investigate confidential and/or risk management issues timely and thoroughly. Coordinate the investigative efforts with resource management, department director, regulating agency, and/or law enforcement, as deemed necessary. Communicate and submit correspondence and supportive documentation per policy.
* Utilize time wisely. Plan, prioritize, organize, assess, and coordinate duties and tasks required for clinical and business operations, per organizational needs, or emergency events. Provide a consistent presence for all scheduled, or unscheduled, events requiring management supervision.
* Collect operational data to compile clinical reports for business analysis and trending. Establish a methodology for interpreting and forecasting the data for strategic business planning.
* Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.