SUMMARY: Provides direct care of patients in the home for a designated time frame via the use of self, the nursing process, the environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on biophysical, environmental, psychosocial, self-care, educational and discharge planning factors
- Contributes to the formulation of an individualized plan of care that is based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes
- Implements care in a safe, effective and appropriate manner, collaborating with the RN in prioritizing patient needs and utilizing available resources.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by self and home health aide, collaborating with the RN
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills
- Assists in teaching patient/family as delegated by the RN
- Performs documentation in the patient record that is timely, accurate and concise
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient and family rights, as identified within the agency
- Functions with an awareness and application of safety issues
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care and decision making for homecare
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice; demonstrates self-directed learning and participation in continuing education.
- Participates actively in staff development activities for the agency
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of homecare
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills, using lines of authority appropriately
- Remains flexible in staffing patterns
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution skills
- Assumes responsibility for knowing and following agency policies
TRANSPORTATION: The employee must drive to patients' homes to deliver care. Dependable transportation, a valid Kansas drivers' license, and proof of auto insurance is required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical of Vocational Nursing program and a minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing practice required.
Demonstrates ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals or technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients
Demonstrates the ability to calculate drug doses
Demonstrates ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current licensure as a Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse by the Kansas State Board of Nursing
If interested, please contact Traci Moe at firstname.lastname@example.org