CME Support (30%)
- Provides administrative assistance for Continuing Medical Education (CME)/educational activities (conferences, workshops, online and enduring materials).
- Assists with assessing and evaluating the educational outcomes of activities. Responds to requests for educational program information.
- Manages the ACMG Genetics Academy (learning management system) and assists users with function and technical issues.
- Enters courses into the Academy and iMIS.
- Administers the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) modules.
- Maintains the calendar of events/activities on the ACMG education web site.
- Working with the Associate Director of Education, helps to ensure that the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines and policies regarding physician education are strictly held in compliance.
- Sends educational credit reports to organizations such as the National Association of Genetic Counselors.
Annual Meeting (30%)
- Administers abstract and proposal database for submission, review, scheduling, and notifications.
- Coordinates workshops, symposia, SIGs, and all other Annual Meeting related-session.
- Coordinates presentation and session scheduling of all submission types and events in the database.
- Coordinates Poster sessions at the annual meeting.
- Assists with social media messaging regarding meetings, conferences and educational offerings.
- Implements problem resolution, speaker inquiry and abstract withdrawal processes.
- Work with Associate Director of Education on all aspects of program development with Meeting Organizers.
- Produces and coordinates meeting material (print and electronic).
- Manages speaker/moderator center and communication.
- Works with the Meetings Coordinator to follow up with faculty regarding registration, housing, and travel.
Registry Support (40%)
- Coordinates and manages the daily operation of the registry.
- Supports the registry educational and marketing efforts, assisting in the development of communications and promotional literature for distribution.
- Serves as a resource for institutional and patient partners.
- Provides support with compiling and providing medical related reports on request from medical staff, researchers, and administrative staff.
- Prepares periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management.
- Assists in recruiting program partners and patients, utilizing the most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures, board members, medical relationships, and presentations at meetings.
- Interacts with patients, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- Communicates with patients as necessary to facilitate follow up.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the executive director.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills (including proofreading abilities).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet multiple competing deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with the use of social media efforts to promote programs and engage users.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook; experience in iMIS database (or similar database) a plus.
B.A. or B.S., or similar office experience
Two – three years related experience with continuing medical education (CME) programs
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The hourly salary for this non-exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers an excellent benefits package.
Potential travel to local DC area day/two day long meetings as well as ACMG Annual Meeting and other meetings as may be needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter, with salary requirements and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line, Education Coordinator. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.